A 5 day family trip to explore Jaisalmer via a day at Jodhpur. The trip was taken on New Year and here is a five minute guide to help you plan your trip to Jaisalmer.
Reach Jodhpur and take a City Tour
Take a Cab for Jaisalmer
Check in at the Camp in Sam Sand Dunes
Tour spots like tanaut mata temple, longe wala
Visit Jaisalmer fort, gadisar lake ,Kuldhara
Check out war museum and shopping
HOW TO REACH
You have multiple ways to reach Jodhpur, depending on where you are travelling from.
- Self Driven Vehicles
These are all convenient modes of transport. For economic trip and long distances, a train will be preferred by most.
WHAT & WHEN TO DO
- Reach Jodhpur
- City tour to Omaid Bhawan and Mehrangarh fort
- Explore local market
- Visit Mandore garden
- Leave for Jaisalmer via cab
- Enjoy the stop at Pokhran fort (nuclear test site)
- Reach jaisalmer and check in at Camp in Sam.
- Enjoy cultural dances and folk songs performances at the camp
- Head out to Tanaut Mata temple, it has an unbelievable story behind it.
- Visit Longe wala border for a thrilling experience
- Parasail after this for an adventure.
- Dine at Kanishk restaurant and relish the authentic Rajasthani Cuisine.
- Enjoy the narrow streets of Jaisalmer fort. It is a town where you can shop for the cheapest prices.
- Experience boating Gadisar lake.
- Check out Kuldhara – a haunted isolated village.
- Head back to Sam’s Camp by 4.30 PM.
- Take a jeep safari provided by the camp in desert to enjoy the view of sunset.
- Enjoy the cultural program till 10 PM followed by dinner back at the camp.
- Have the ultimate experience of camel safari to the sunrise point on a chilly winter morning.
- Go back to Jaisalmer after the breakfast at camp.
- Visit Patwaon ki Haweli – you can dress up in Rajasthani attires here and click some moments to remember.
- Have lunch and depart.
WHERE TO STAY
Two good options suggested for the luxury seeker are
- Marriot in Jaisalmer
- Rang Mahal
- Camp in Jaisalmer at Sam Sand Dunes. You can choose the type of camp your are looking for.
WHERE TO EAT
For enjoying the traditional dining experience, visit
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
For ease of convenience, using a taxi or a rented vehicle is best suited for this itinerary.
You will be able to find taxi rentals and car rentals from local tour operators.
You can contact this person directly, who was the taxi driver for us on this trip
Dilip – 9828030060
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Even in December, winter days are not too cold. So pack light and cool clothes.
- A Cab is the best option as destinations are far from each other
- Keep a check on what all camp packages include as organizers are trying to fool off the tourists.
- Always book a reputed luxury camp when going with family.
I always wanted to see the sand dunes and I loved it. The best place which really touched me emotionally is Longewala Border. It’s a must visit place as per me.
The uniqueness of the Jaisalmer is its golden stone and the uniform architecture all around.
Jaisalmer is the right place which offers a perfect blend of patriotism, culture and luxury.
Want to enjoy more of Rajasthan? Check this ultimate guide out for a weekend getaway to Neemarana and nearby places!
This Trip was contributed by Pooja Jalan.
Looking to explore Rajasthan beyond the popular places like Jaipur, Jodhpur and the like? Then Neha’s blog is the perfect solution. Check out all the things that you could possibly do in Alwar!
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Exploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!
This Post Has 4 Comments
Feeling gr8 to share my funfilled experience with u all guys…i hope it will be worth sharing it …
Pingback: LONG WEEKENDS 2020 & WHERE TO TRAVEL IN & OUTSIDE INDIA - Xplore The Earth
Pingback: Places to Visit in Neemrana - The Complete Guide! - Xplore The Earth
Pingback: TRAVEL CALENDAR - Where to Travel in India & Outside - 100+ Spots!