This is an Itinerary for a Skiing Adventure trip at Auli, Uttarakhand. This itinerary is suitable for a group of friends.
INR 10000 to 15000
HOW TO REACH
- Ahmedabad to Dehradun by Fight
- Dehradun to Rishikesh by local transport (30 mins)
- Srinagar to Joshimath local bus (4-5 hours)
Closest Airport is Dehradun, local transport buses are available from Dehradun to Rishikesh. Travel in local buses or shared jeeps from Rishikesh to Srinagar (even Uttrakhand has a Srinagar) aprox 100 kms 4 hours, Srinagar to Joshimath direct bus available or shared jeeps also available till Chamoli. Chamoli to Joshimath another share jeep.
WHAT AND WHEN TO DO
- Arrive at Joshimath and check into Hotel. Alternatively, you can take the Cable Car to Auli (get down at Tower 8) if you wish to spend the night there.
- Rent Gum Boots
- Enjoy the Cable Car and Chair Lift Rides (all timings available online)
- Learn, Try and Enjoy Skiing
- Professional Skiing Courses are also available there, usually for 7-14 days
- Go Tube Rides, Sledge Fun, Playing in Snow and a lot more.
WHERE TO STAY
There are plenty of options available at Joshimath (which is the starting point of the Cable Car for Auli). Hotels in Auli are very expensive, there are also few Hotels in Lower Auli which can be considered as a good option. If staying for 1-2 days, stay at Joshimath and if staying for long period, stay at Lower Auli.
WHERE TO EAT
Joshimath Market has plenty of good options, Auli ‘D’ Food Plaza is a very nice place for all kind of cuisines.
SOME PICTURES FROM THE TRIP
This Itinerary was Contributed by a Community Member!
You can reach Hussain for any queries about this trip on his Instagram.
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your Xperience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!