This itinerary is a quick guide to how to spend a chilled out weekend at Alibaug, one of the nearest getaways from Mumbai.
Ferry from Gateway of India
Bus Ride from Mandwa to Bhal Village
Enjoy the empty beaches
Eat with the locals
Spend an evening at Alibaug beach amidst the locals
HOW TO REACH
WHAT & WHEN TO DO
- Take an early morning ferry from Gateway of India to Mandwa beach
- Take a bus from Mandwa beach to your destination
- Stop at the local Theka wala to grab some beers (they are most happy to help)
- Reach the holiday home and freshen up
- Head out to the beach and relax
- Come back and have a delicious meal prepared by the locals
- Go back to the beach to watch the sunset, or explore the village
- End the day on a high note
- Start your day with a nice beach tan
- Explore the magnificent Kolaba Fort
- Check out the local beach in Alibaug
- Take the ferry back to Mumbai
This is not the sort of destination where you become touristy. It’s the ideal place to chill.Akansha Shekhar
WHERE TO STAY
WHERE TO EAT
We had our meals with locals. They were really humble and generous.
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
- Taxis/ Auto Rickshaws
- Boats and Ferries
SOME PICTURES FROM THE TRIP
This Itinerary was contributed by Community!
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!