This itinerary is for a 2 day trip and is suitable for a group of friends as well as family. It covers all important view points for enjoying Niagara Falls.
View from American Side at New York
Visit Cave of the Winds
Begin at Refreshing View on Canadian Side
Take Maid of Mist Boat Ride
View from Sky Wheel
Local Explorations – Market, Casino, etc.
Visit Marine Land
Go to Butterfly Conservatory
Visit Buddhist Zen Temple
HOW TO REACH
- Road – Our travel option was self-driving to NY
WHAT AND WHEN TO DO
- Have a view of the American Falls from New York
- Visit the Cave of the Winds before you head to the Canadian side.
- Arrive at Ontario, Canada.
- Once freshened up at the hotel, ask for a guide book at the reception. At Ramada, they walk you through the entire map, highlighting spots of significance.
- Begin by having a refreshing view of the Falls from the Canadian side at Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Do not miss the Maid of the Mist boat ride that takes you to the Falls up close.
- Enjoy the view from the Sky Wheel for $11.30 per person.
- As it gets darker, you can spend some time at the Niagara Falls view Casino and the adjoining shopping spots.
- Have dinner at Moksha Indian Bistro.
- Start the day off by some breakfast at IHOP.
- Head to Marine Land, a themed amusement park and zoo.
- Watch the marine shows and exhibits of various sea animals.
- Enjoy the roller coasters and other rides.
- Before dusk, go to the Butterfly conservatory to be in the midst of over 2,000 different kinds of free-flying butterflies.
- Visit the International Buddhist Zen Temple for a spiritual experience.
- Treat yourself to the best restaurant of your choice in the area!
WHERE TO STAY
Ramada by Wyndham, Near Niagara Falls – The rates are quite decent, has free WiFi, a fitness center, and on-site parking among many other things. It’s located very close to the Falls as well as other destinations to look out for.
Other option could be various Airbnbs available there.
WHERE TO EAT
- Moksha Indian Bistro, by Wyndham Niagara Falls, Fallsview
- IHOP Niagra Falls, Ramada Fallsview
- TGI Friday’s
- Domino’s Pizza
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
- Rental Cars/ Bikes
- Self-driving your own Vehicle
This Trip was contributed by Shekha Kotak!
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!