This is 7 days itinerary to explore the beautiful Nepal with family or friends. It covers places like Kathmandu, Pokhara and Jhamsikhel with a lot of leisure activities as well as adventure!
Arrive at Kathmandu
Explore the market in Thamel
Drive to Chandragiri
Travel to Jhamsikhel for an Entertaining Night
Board a flight to Pokhara
Enjoy the Fewa lake and the view
Explore the mountain gliding and around the town
Book a lunch at Mona Lisa for authentic Thakali food
Enjoy and prep on the bus ride to the Last Resort for Bungee!
NPR 300,000 for 2 People for 7 Days (Equivalent to INR 1.87 Lakhs for 2 People)
HOW TO REACH
We took flights and self-drives as our travel option. The distance could take up a lot of time if not within the town.
WHAT & WHEN TO DO
- Arrive at Kathmandu
- Settle down at the hotel
- Explore the market at Thamel for the experience of the market and nightlife in the city
- Dine at Fire N Ice Pizzeri
- Take a self-drive/rental car to the Chandragiri hills
- Enjoy the lunch, the view and experience the wind
- Explore the famous temples
- Enjoy the night at Jhamsikhel for a dinner with entertaining music
- Take an early flight to Pokhara
- Check-in to the hotel and take a walk around the lake
- Enjoy pre-booked Thakali lunch at Mona Lisa
- Take a boat in the Fewa lake and admire the view and the sunset from the lake
- Walk along the path of the lake for souvenirs and restaurants for great evening experience
- Wake up to the chilly morning of the town
- Fly from the mountain tops and glide down to the town (bookings done at hotel and other agents around town)
- Enjoy a heavy lunch by the lakeside
- Self-drive to the famous and historic caves and falls
- Enjoy the bonfire at hotel/restaurants and dance the cold away
- Fly back to Kathmandu
- Take the day off and explore the market of Thamel for souvenirs and gifts
- Enjoy the variety of momos, the food and the local products of the country
- Relax to the music and Casino
- Early rise and take a bus to The Last Resort
- Experience the rush of adrenaline and go BUNGEEEEEE!
- Enjoy the stay and the service at the resort and celebrate the jump!
Arrive back at Kathmandu and depart as per your bookings.
WHERE TO STAY
- Norbulingka Boutique Hotel, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Hotel Manang, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Mulberry, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Temple Tree Resort, Pokhara
- Zostel Pokhara, Pokhara
WHERE TO EAT
- Fire N Ice Pizzeria, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Trisara, Durbar Marg, Kathmandu
- Piano B, Jawalakhel, Kathmandu
- Kura Thai, Naxal, Kathmandu
- Hankuck Saraong, Naxal, Kathmandu
- Saigon Pho, Lazimpat, Kathmandu
- Buzzy Bee Cafe, Pokhara
- Mona Lisa, Pokhara (Pre-booking Recommended)
- Moondance Restaurant & Bar, Pokhara
- Cafe Consorto, Pokhara
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
- Bus Transport Systems
- Rental Taxis
- Self-driving your own vehicle
- The roads have a tendency to make someone dizzy, must carry some sweet or chewing gum or mouth freshener (as per ones choice)
- Water readily available but always suggested to carry one bottle for emergency
- The budget is not inclusive of the amount that could be spent in casinos, carry passport as a mandatory document for entry in casinos
- Carry at least one warm jacket at all times, the weather is unpredictably windy and cold
- Mountain gliding is suggested to be done in the morning for a great view of the valley and the rush of the winds with the rays of the sun
SOME PICTURES FROM THE TRIP
This Itinerary was contributed by a Community Member!
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!