This itinerary is for a rejuvenating trip to the seven sisters for 4 days.
INR 15000 – 20000
HOW TO REACH
- Depending on where you are travelling from, one can choose to take:
- We were travelling from Delhi and chose to fly to Guwahati.
WHAT AND WHEN TO DO
- Arrive at Guwahati in the morning. Stay at OYO hotel.
- Post rest, visit Umananda temple via ferry ride.
- Vist Fancy bazaar, Kamakhya temple.
- Enjoy dinner at Alfresco Grand cruise (on Brahmaputra river).
- Book a cab for required number of days (3 days for 4 people cost us INR 9500).
- Leave for Shillong, Visit tea estates on the way – You might need to ask permission before entering the tea estates.
- Reach Shillong and enjoy the meal at city hut family restaurant (a nice place)
- Visit local places like Ward’s lake (a nice place for boating), Don Bosco museum, Police bazaar, etc.
- Visit sacred forest on the way to Cherrapunji – you would need to hire a guide to trek through the forest.
- Reach Cherrapunji and visit Eco park, 7 Sister Falls, Mawsmai caves and other tourist places as per your preference.
- Stay in Cherrapunji or return to Shillong.
- On the way back, visit Elephant falls.
- Visit Shillong peak in the morning.
- Post which, leave for Shillong cathedral.
- Leave for Guwahati.
- Visit Assam Kalakhetra, Guwahati museum, Balaji temple etc.
- Back to home (Delhi).
WHERE TO STAY
Hotel Barney Grand – Guwahti,
Hotel Pegasus Crown – Shillong
WHERE TO EAT
You will get a lot of options at both the places and do try the local cuisines wherever you can.
A must visit place will be City Family Hut Restaurant in Shillong.
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
- We did do decent bit of travelling around a few places. One can use one or multiple of the below to get through your trip:
- Rental cars and bikes
- Self-driving your own vehicle
- Taxis and auto-rickshaws
- Boats and Ferries
- Walking and Hiking
- We hired a cab for our trip. Our driver was really good and a humble person. Contact –
Mr. Rituraj Bordoloi – +91 86381 56764. (3 days for 4 people cost us INR 9500)
SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE TRIP
- Autos and on the cabs charge a lot. Better book a cab for the duration of your visit if you plan to visit many places. Uber/ Ola/ Zomato/Swiggy etc works in Guwahati but not in Shillong.
- You will get plenty of food options even if you are a vegeterian. Shillong’s police bazar is a happening place and has many good restaurants, even for fine dining.
- Do not pay heed to people who might warn you against availability of food. Required sustenance is available for both veggies as well as non-veggies.
- Do take a morning flight from Delhi if possible to enjoy one of the most amazing view of The Himalayas from the flight.
Visiting North east is sure to leave you with serene experience and a longing to go back. Weather is mostly pleasant throughout the year. People there are very humble, soft-spoken and honest. Some places may seem pricey but then it is a tourist destination. Landscapes are undoubtedly heavenly. There are ample of visiting places for both people seeking adventures (Trekking, Hiking, zip lining etc) as well as for pleasant visit with family or elderly people.
SOME PICTURES FROM THE TRIP
This Itinerary was Contributed by a Community Member!
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your Xperience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!