This is a short night trek about 50 Kms from Bangalore. You can tent at this place without any restrictions from any authorities.
Also it is pretty safe as its close to the highway and the trek has a few lights to be your guide.
HOW TO REACH NIJAGAL BETTA
- We wanted to go there in the cheapest manner so we went by a local train.
- We boarded a 6:20pm local train from Majestic Station that goes via Dobspet.
56223 Train Bangalore to Arsikere.
- Ask and board the train to be sure.
More train details with other timings ans schedule can be found by googling Dobspet local trains. Make sure you get down at Dobspet. (Not to be mistaken with Dabbaspet).
- You can also take your car or bike. You can park at CCD or Kamat.
GOOGLE MAPS SHOWS THE LOCATION AS – SIDDRABETA OR HALENIJAGAL
Make sure you type that.
- You can also take bus to Dobspet.
- If you take the train –
Get down at Dobspet and you’ll get a sharing Auto Rickshaw.
Ask them to drop you off at Kamat Upchar (Nr. CCD or Reliance Petrol Pump) on the highway. Bargain (approx 20 per person).
- You can see the hill right after CCD. Take left from A small mechanic shop under the railway bridge.
Keep following the lights that you see on the hill. To the top where you can find some good camping ground.
ABOUT THE NIJAGAL BETTA TREK
- The trek is 45 mins to 1 hour long when done at night.
- It is a pretty easy trek.
- Lamp posts are at a certain distance to guide the way up. So keep finding them and follow the trail.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Carry flash lights
- Keep food and water
- Beware of monkeys
WHERE TO EAT
- Kamat is a good option for dinner and breakfast.
- CCD at the bottom of the hill
HOW TO GET BACK
- Return to Dobspet railway station. Several local trains keep going back to SBC.
- Make sure you buy the ticket.
- You can take a bus from Dobset to highway as well
WHAT TO EXPLORE
- Temple ruins
- Old fort walls
- Dargah at the top
- Sights and scenery around
PICTURES FROM THIS TRIP
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!