This is a 5 day itinerary contributed by Shubham Garg is for those crazy bunch of friends who love nature and are traveling on a tight budget.
INR 4500 – INR 5000
WHAT AND WHEN TO DO
- We were 6 people, so we took a taxi from Delhi till Manikaran gurudwara.
- It is a 12 hour journey, we reached at night and stayed at the gurudwara for the night. It is 30-40 minutes out from Barshaini (Kheerganga base camp).
- Took a dip in the hot spring.
- We had a quick breakfast and off we went to Barshaini.
- Just one famous Cafe at Barshaini by the name Prem Cafe – they give amazing paratha and Maggi!
- The trek is about 13 kms, which takes 5-6 hours as it is a difficult one for beginners.
- Overnight stay at Kheerganga.
- Breakfast and dip at Kheerganga spring.
- Trek down to Barshaini.
- The trek for Tosh starts from Barshaini itself, and is an easy 5-6 kms.
- Stay at a hotel in Tosh (various available) and enjoy everything what Parvati Valley offers!
- There’s a small viewpoint at Tosh which can be covered within 3-4 hours (A mini waterfall).
- Trek down from Tosh and cab till Kasol.
- This was a rest day of some sorts when we just wanted to be HIGH (on the mountains)!
- Overnight stay at a tent in Kasol, just before the main market of Kasol starts.
- You could cover Rasol or Malana too which are 3-4 kms from Kasol.
- Early morning cab back to Delhi.
HOW TO REACH
- Depending on where you are travelling from, taking a cab, bus or driving your own vehicle are good options to reach Parvati Valley.
- We were 6 people, so we took a taxi from Delhi till Manikaran Gurudwara.
WHERE TO STAY
- Kheerganga tents (2 people in one tent) – Guddu bhai – 09805444220.
- He knows someone in Tosh, so we used the reference for cheaper stay at Tosh (₹900 for 6 people in 1 room).
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
- Rental cars and bikes, driving around in your own vehicles, taxis and auto-rickshaws as well as walking/hiking, all of these would work out just fine.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE TRIP
- Checking is done as soon as you enter Kasol, don’t carry liquor in your bags.
- Don’t take someone who has a GF/BF they need to keep talking to every second. There are no mobile signals at Kheerganga so all they’ll do is whine!
THIS TRIP WAS CONTRIBUTED BY COMMUNITY
You can reach Shubham for any queries about this trip on Facebook.
If you enjoyed reading the itinerary and want to learn more of what Himachal has to offer, check out our following guides:
Complete guide to visiting Sethan – A Hidden Paradise
Hampta Pass Trek – The Perfect Guide
3 Day Solo trip to Mcleodganj
7 Day Solo Trip to Manali
Trek to Beas Kund
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your Xperience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!