This adventurous trek near Manali is a thrill seekers paradise. This guide contributed by Kunal Suba will brief you about all you can do on this trip. This trek was organised by The Adventure Valley.
They are very generous and helpful hosts and we enjoyed our camping with them.Kunal Suba
Day-1 Arrive at Solang Valley, the base camp
Day-2 Trek on to Dhundi, the next camping site and over night stay
Day-3 Trek on to Lohali via Bakharthach and over night stay at Lohali
Day-4 Trek on to Beas Kund via Lady leg and return to Lohali
Day-5 Return to Solang
Day-6 End of Trek
HOW TO REACH
The trek starts from Solang. To reach Solang, one has to go to Manali via Delhi. For this trip, we took a
- Flight to Delhi
- Tempo provided by Organizers to reach Solang
- It was all on foot from Solang upto Beas Kund.
WHAT & WHEN TO DO
- Arrive at Solang Valley on Day1 which would be the base camp
- Acclamatise for half a day and roam around in the nearby areas.
- Anjani Mahadeva Temple is about an hour trek from Solang valley which is a must visit place because of the view it provides.
- Start Early next day for Dhundi.
- A moderately difficult walk through hills and bushes of 9 kms.
- Takes 3 hours roughly. Stay overnight at Dhundi.
- Play games and acclimatize for half a day.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of snow capped mountains in the surrounding with ferocious Beas river flowing adjacent to camping site.
- Start Early next day for Dhundi. A moderately difficult walk through hills and bushes of 9 kms. Takes 3 hours roughly. Stay overnight at dhundi.
- Play games and acclimatize for half a day. Enjoy the scenic beauty of snow capped mountains in the surrounding, with ferocious Beas river flowing adjacent to camping site.
- Start early next day for Lohali, the next camping site.
- You will cross Bakhartach camping site onway.
- Reaching Lohali would usually take 4 to 5 hours of trek and it is suggested to complete it by 12 pm as the weather plays the spoilsport in the afternoons.
- Rains and snow are very common in this part and winds are very strong so it is recommended to reach the camping site on time.
- Start for Beas Kund early morning, cross Lady Leg and reach beas kund.
- Hope for a clear weather. You can see many majestic peaks and mountain ranges if the weather is clear, namely Hanuman Tibba, Deodhar Range, Friendship Peak etc.
- Return to Lohali by afternoon.
- Return to Solang the next day and relax, after a beautiful and strenuous trek.
- Get going with many adventure sports in the valley like Paragliding, river crossing, mountain climbing, rappelling etc.
WHERE TO EAT
- The base camp in Solang Valley will have all the options for choosing your food. It is quite a commercialised area.
- Once you start your trek, you won’t have a huge choice options.
- Our food was taken care by the organisers.
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
Since this is a trek from Solang, it involves hiking and trekking all the way.
You can get rental vehicles, and other options of transport in the Manali and Solang region if you are planning to extend your stay.
- Carry as many chocolates and sweets as you can. No need of dry snacks on treks. Sweets and chocolates will keep you energised.
- Take along proper trekking gears as the glaciers you have to cross are very difficult without them.
- Always carry 2 water bottles with you.
- Take least possible clothes. Lesser the weight to carry, easier it will be later.
- Carry sunscreen and goggles without fail.
- It is a moderate trek and always do it with some local person with you.
- Don’t try to go alone on an expedition as weather can be very challenging in these parts.
PICTURES FROM THIS TRIP
This trip was contributed by Community!
If you enjoyed reading the itinerary and want to learn more of what Himachal has to offer, check out our following guides:
Complete guide to visiting Sethan – A Hidden Paradise
Hampta Pass Trek – The Perfect Guide
3 Day Solo trip to Mcleodganj
A 5 day trip to Parvati Valley
Trek to Beas Kund
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!
This Post Has One Comment
How you can support to plan my trip