This itinerary is suitable for design students or architects as well as any other group of travelers and this trip can be done in less number of days as well.
HOW TO REACH
- If you are travelling from a long distance take a Train or Flight
- If you are travelling from Bangalore, Chennai or other nearby places, buses are also available
WHAT AND WHEN TO DO
- Reach Pondicherry, check into Velvet Villa – Heritage Home
- Freshen up and rent vehicles
- Visit Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Visit the Botanical Gardens
- Go to the Asian House for a late lunch
- Go to Promenade and take a walk
- Sit at the Rock Beach and Chill
- Dinner at Sicilys
- Visit the French Colony
- Go to Aurobindo Ashram
- Have lunch at Dilliwala 6
- Visit the Promenade again
- Chill at Cafe des Arts
- Roam and explore the market near Promenade
- Visit the Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple
- Visit the Bharathi Temple
- Go to the Rendezvous Cafe Restaurant
- Visit the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH)
- Go to the restaurant Bay of Buddha
DAY 4 & 5
- Shift to White Pearl Residency in Auroville
- Spend two days for Brick Masonry Workshop and Designing Workshop
- The workshops were conducted by the Auroville Earth Institute (check dates here)
- Visit the Matri Mandir in Auroville
- Visit the Botanical Garden in Auroville
- Go to the Auroville Beach
- Explore the nearby places and cafes in Auro Village
- Come back to Pondicherry
- Visit the French Colony again
- Go to Cafe Kasha ki Asha
- Chill at the Promenade
- Go to The Pasta Bar Veneto
Leave Pondicherry as per your travel option.
WHERE TO STAY
WHERE TO EAT
- Asian House
- Dilliwala 6
- Cafe des Arts
- Rendezvous Cafe Restaurant
- Bay of Buddha
- Kasha ki Asha
- The Pasta Bar Veneto
HOW TO TRAVEL AROUND
You can rent vehicles easily in Pondicherry and it is the best option. We hired it for 7 days straight and got it for only INR 200/day.
SOME PICTURES FROM THE TRIP
This Itinerary was Contributed by a Community Member!
You can check out the alternative Itineraries for Pondicherry submitted by our other Xplorers here.
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!