This is a guide for visiting Analgadh – one of the few picnic spots near Rajkot.
HOW TO REACH
- Get on NH27
- Take a U-turn after Ribda Gate and go through the Ribda Village
- Analgadh is a small hilltop/ temple located approximately 14 km from Gondal and 42 km from Rajkot.
- The temple was built in 1800s and holds a good significance for the locals and people in surrounding areas.
- It is very peaceful and quiet but there are good number of visitors on Sundays and Holidays like Janmashtami.
- The best time to visit Analgadh is during/post monsoons. The views of the green fields on the way and from the hilltop is one of the visuals you can get in Gujarat.
WHAT TO DO ON THIS TRIP
- Stop on the way at dhaba Jai Bhagwan for a tea
- Pull over at the villages in between and converse with the locals
- Reach Analgadh and Pray at the Mataji Temple
- You can then chill by the cliff, take pictures and watch the fields surrounding the hill
- You can even spot the Blue Bull or ‘Rojda’ in the nearby fields from the Hill
SOME TIPS FOR THE TRIP
- Carry food and water with you if you are visiting for a picnic. There are no shops near the Analgadh hill.
- There is a lot of garbage disposed off the hill so please refrain from such activities and keep this place clean. Carry an extra bag to collect and bring back your waste.
- You can stay a little longer for a beautiful sunset.
- Respect the temple and the place, and do not indulge into any such activities which could be disrespectful.
- If you aren’t sure about the fuel in your vehicle then refill it on NH27, the last pump is before the Ribda Village. They may/may not accept card.
- There is heavy traffic on NH27 during late evenings so drive carefully and carry a helmet.
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Xploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!