This is an account of a 4 days trek in Brahmatal organised by Trek The Himalayas (TTH).
Train from Delhi to Kathgodam
Kathgodam to Lohajung by road
Lohanjung (base camp) to Bekaltaal
Bekaltaal to Brahmatal
Descent to Base camp
Lohajung to Kathgodam and Kathgodam to Delhi
9-10k for the trek exclusive of flights/trains to Kathgodam
HOW TO REACH
- Nearest Airport – Pant Nagar (34 km from Kathgodam), connectivity from Delhi
- Nearest Railway Station – Kathgodam
- Road – Local government buses or cars provided by TTH
WHAT & WHEN TO DO
- Reach Delhi
- Take a train to Kathgodam
- Pick up by TTH vehicle for Lohanjung
- Commencing the trek from Lohanjung at 7:00 AM towards Bekaltaal
- Trek for 6-7 hours (2-3 hourly stops)
- Arrive at Bekaltaal at 3:30 – 4:00 PM and set camp
- Visit Bekaltaal lake at around 4:30-5:00 PM
- Snacks and Dinner
- Leave for Brahmatal at 6:30-7:00 AM after a good breakfast
- 7-8 hours trek (moderate difficulty, 2-3 hourly stops)
- Reach Brahmatal at 5:00-6:00 PM
- Set camp
- Snacks and Dinner
- Early morning departure from camp to reach Summit (4 hours trek – difficult)
- Reach summit (spend an hour or so)
- Descend and reach the campsite by 4:00-5:00 PM
- Begin the descent for reaching the Base camp (Lohajung)
- Includes steep and gradual slippery slopes
- Reach base camp after 7-8 hours moderate difficulty trekking
Return according to your bookings
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Stay and Food both are provided by TTH at camps set up by them.
- If you have motion sickness, start with Acetazolamide tablet a month or at least 2 weeks prior to the trek
- Stay hydrated – Carry at least 2 1 liter bottles
- Carry sunscreen and moisturizers
- Wear layers rather than 1 thick jacket
- Purchase or rent decent waterproof hiking shoes (worth ₹2-3k)
- Carry extra pairs of socks
- If you need to know more, contact
+91 99177 24737 (Ms Pooja from TTH)
It is a tiring experience for someone with the physical abilities resembling mine but the sights are breathtaking and the experience worth every muscle pains you have for the next few days. Also, TTH boasts some of the most hospitable employees who ensure your food requirements being met by feeding you 5 times daily. The best experience was having mouth watering freshly baked pizzas at 10000 feet. Sleeping in tents with cold wind outside is an experience second to none. If you do not have any other reason to do this trek, do it for the amazing views and walk through the snow and if you are lucky, the snowfalls.
PICTURES FROM THIS TRIP
This Itinerary was contributed by a Community Member!
Ensure you travel responsibly and keep your carbon footprint to the minimum. Happy Exploring!
Want to share your experience and tell everyone about how you travel and plan your trips? Now you can, in just a few steps! Head out to Share your Trip page now!